Cashbook Team Leader
Recruiter : Virgin Active South Africa
REF: 31746/NATI/SJ/Cashbook Team Leader/Claremont/160418
||Virgin Active South Africa
||Temporary / Contract
||Banking / Finance And Investment
We are looking for a dynamic and vibrant individual to assist with 6 months maternity cover as a Cash Book Team Leader in our Finance Treasury team. We are looking for a dedicated, organised and pro-active individual with strong analytical, IT and communication skills, to lead the team in a fast moving and challenging environment. This role is based at our Head Office in Claremont.
- BCOM, business sciences degree or relevant tertiary qualification- must have successfully completed the qualification;
- 2-3 years’ experience within a similar finance role;
- 1-2 years’ experience as a team leader or team lead for a finance team;
- Treasury experience essential;
- Strong analytical abilities, organised, adaptive, meticulous and motivated;
- Strong project management and communication skills;
- Pro-active problem solver;
- Must have proven experience with finance systems;
- Must be deadline driven with the ability to work additional hours when required at month end.
Cash book responsibilities
- Monitoring and reconciliations of bank/ investment/ call/ guarantee/ escrow accounts;
- Monitoring movements in banking suspense accounts;
- Performing Cash Book Period end procedures;
- Monthly Club Dry Cleaning reconciliation and journals;
- Updating monthly foreign exchange rates in the ERP / accounting system;
- Set up of banking facilities for new clubs;
- Assisting clubs and Head Office with treasury related queries;
- Assisting with audit requests;
- Communications with the clubs around banking developments.
Foreign exchange and cash management
- Accurate and efficient management of funding and cash flow forecasts;
- Ensure sufficient funds available for operational and capital investment activities;
- Transactional and money market banking;
- Liquidity and cash management – reporting and forecasting on daily and monthly cash flows;
- Processing of foreign exchange payments for group entities through electronic forex platforms;
- Ensure compliance with exchange control regulations.
Account and facility management
Staff management and reporting
- Monitoring performance of the Cash Book administrators to ensure that daily tasks and bank reconciliations are completed timeously and accurately;
- Ensure that the Cash Book team allocates and processes cash transactions accurately and completely;
- First line of support for any questions or issues experienced by the team;
- Open communication and regular reporting to the Treasury Manager on treasury issues identified and the Cash Book Team’s progress in meeting deadlines and responsibilities.
© Copyright 2018 Virgin Active. All rights reserved.