Cashbook Team Leader
Recruiter : Virgin Active South Africa
REF: 31746/NATI/SJ/Cashbook Team Leader/Claremont/160418
||Virgin Active South Africa
||Temporary / Contract
||Banking / Finance And Investment
We are looking for a dynamic and vibrant individual to assist with 6 months maternity cover as a Cash Book Team Leader in our Finance Treasury team. We are looking for a dedicated, organised and pro-active individual with strong analytical, IT and communication skills, to lead the team in a fast moving and challenging environment. This role is based at our Head Office in Claremont.
- BCOM, business sciences degree or relevant tertiary qualification- must have successfully completed the qualification;
- 2-3 years’ experience within a similar finance role;
- 1-2 years’ experience as a team leader or team lead for a finance team;
- Treasury experience essential;
- Strong analytical abilities, organised, adaptive, meticulous and motivated;
- Strong project management and communication skills;
- Pro-active problem solver;
- Must have proven experience with finance systems;
- Must be deadline driven with the ability to work additional hours when required at month end.
Cash book responsibilities
- Monitoring and reconciliations of bank/ investment/ call/ guarantee/ escrow accounts;
- Monitoring movements in banking suspense accounts;
- Performing Cash Book Period end procedures;
- Monthly Club Dry Cleaning reconciliation and journals;
- Updating monthly foreign exchange rates in the ERP / accounting system;
- Set up of banking facilities for new clubs;
- Assisting clubs and Head Office with treasury related queries;
- Assisting with audit requests;
- Communications with the clubs around banking developments.
Foreign exchange and cash management
- Accurate and efficient management of funding and cash flow forecasts;
- Ensure sufficient funds available for operational and capital investment activities;
- Transactional and money market banking;
- Liquidity and cash management – reporting and forecasting on daily and monthly cash flows;
- Processing of foreign exchange payments for group entities through electronic forex platforms;
- Ensure compliance with exchange control regulations.
Account and facility management
Staff management and reporting
- Monitoring performance of the Cash Book administrators to ensure that daily tasks and bank reconciliations are completed timeously and accurately;
- Ensure that the Cash Book team allocates and processes cash transactions accurately and completely;
- First line of support for any questions or issues experienced by the team;
- Open communication and regular reporting to the Treasury Manager on treasury issues identified and the Cash Book Team’s progress in meeting deadlines and responsibilities.
Virgin Active SA is committed to transformation and meeting the objectives of the Employment Equity Act.
Meeting our employment equity goals will be taken into account in our recruitment decisions.
Favourable consideration will be given to people living with disabilities.