Recruiter : Virgin Active South Africa
REF: 34745/NATI/SS/Brand Manager/Western Cape/110219
||Virgin Active South Africa
• To live the brand to ensure we delivery feel good exercise experiences anytime. Anywhere.
What we need from you (our minimum requirements)…
- Relevant tertiary qualification preferred e.g. marketing degree or diploma or similar
- A minimum 5 years’ experience as a brand or marketing manager role within a corporate environment
- Must have a solid understanding of brand development and be able to provide multichannel solutions as required
- Proven experience in managing multiple marketing projects/ briefs simultaneously
- Experience in managing a diverse portfolio across the business
- The ability to guide and coach the client in order to clarify the need/ the brief
- Ability to influence across all levels within the organization
- The ability to work independently as well as be an exceptional team player
We can’t live without…
- Leadership skills
- Strong Communication skills
- Multi manage numerous projects
- Strong understanding of brand development and multichannel solutions
- Strong persuasive and team player skills.
We’d love you to have…
- Experience in and the love for exercise
A day in the life (your duties & responsibilities)…
- To always do your bit towards achieving our Vision of being The World’s Most Loved Exercise Brand; to live and role-model our Values of Insatiable Curiosity, Delightfully Surprising, Heartfelt Service, Red Hot, Smart Disruption and Straight Up; and to bring to life our People Promise of Be Yourself and Go Together, Work Hard and Dream Big
- To take ownership and manage the assigned portfolio’s marketing requirements. Work on various aspects including: Product & Brand Management, New Product Launch, Brand communication (Above The Line & Below The Line)
- To ensure the Head of Marketing Operations is kept regularly up to date on the portfolio status
- Ensure that projects are followed up and information chased to ensure delivery of deadline based deliverables. To present options to MD and stakeholders to ensure all process’ and approvals are acquired timeously and any concerns or problems scaled up.
- Understanding the overall VA comm. brand strategies and yearly deliverables – manage the assigned portfolio into creative communications.
- Possess solid understanding of the brand, consumer insights and market dynamics of assigned briefs.
- Stakeholder or brand deliverables through considered briefs which identify a unique brand , typologies and competitive edge.
- Check all work is scheduled and monitor all projects approve all work going through the studio.
- Approvals and sign off of brand deliverables within the approval process in VA incl. PO’s, Budgets, Strategies and legal dept’s input.
- Keep abreast of competitive and international trends, knowledge and communications.
- Work closely with Head of Marketing Operations and stakeholders to understand business needs and process, keeping them informed of project status and deliverables against deadlines.
Virgin Active SA is committed to transformation and meeting the objectives of the Employment Equity Act.
Meeting our employment equity goals will be taken into account in our recruitment decisions.
Favourable consideration will be given to people living with disabilities.