Strategic Sourcing Category Manager
Recruiter : Virgin Active South Africa
REF: 35577/NATI/SS/Strategic Sourcing Category Manager/Western Cape/070819
||Virgin Active South Africa
The Strategic Sourcing Category Manager role is responsible for the procurement of a number of Categories of supplier spend. The role is responsible for all commercial and contractual relationships for these categories.
We’d like you to have…
- 5 years working experience in a multi-site procurement role
- Educated to commercial degree level
We’d love you to have…
- Working knowledge of Contract Law
- Excellent knowledge of Procurement/ Supplier Management best practices/techniques
- Excellent knowledge of Strategic Sourcing Category Management
- IT Category experience
- Experience of Spend Analytics and Contracts Management Systems
We can’t live without…
- Computer literate with intermediate knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office i.e. Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills – influencing, presentation, negotiating
- Good planning, project management, time management and organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve deadlines
- Proactive self-starter but also a good team player
- Tenacity – to get the job done and engage others
- Engage with the business stakeholder teams to agree and then deliver clear and compelling Category procurement plans for their specific Categories which underpin the wider business plan (refresh and update these strategies as required)
- Understand the business needs and challenge requirements, specifications, commercials etc. to deliver commercial and supply chain improvements.
- Understand the external supply market for your categories to be able to provide expert advice to the business stakeholder teams
- Leverage the business requirements / volumes and our market/brand position to deliver cost reduction plans across the categories of spend
- Plan and execute negotiations for both formal tenders and ad-hoc activities ensuring that the Business obtains best value on all its spend
Supplier Performance Management
- Work with stakeholder teams to ensure robust processes are in place to drive supplier performance and compliance.
- Work with stakeholder team to ensure that supplier performance targets are being met
- Ensure appropriate performance improvement plans are in place where suppliers are failing to meet performance targets
Capacity and Contingency Planning
- Ensure that Suppliers have necessary capacity to support the Business requirements (production capacity, people)
- Ensure that robust contingencies are in place for business critical goods and services (alternate suppliers/supply chains /products/ business continuity plans etc.)
- Support the stakeholder teams when service or supply issues occur by escalating issues within Supplier, ensuring resolution plans are in place
- Interrogate Spend Analytics data to identify procurement opportunities
- Work with Finance to provide procurement input to the annual Budget process and regular re-Forecasts advising on cost movements, negotiated contracts and future projects
- Work with the internal Stakeholders to identify, agree and deliver procurement category projects which remove cost from our goods & services
- Support the stakeholder teams in identifying new suppliers and new products which support proposition developments
- Lead on specific procurement and supply chain improvement projects
Virgin Active SA is committed to transformation and meeting the objectives of the Employment Equity Act.
Meeting our employment equity goals will be taken into account in our recruitment decisions.
Favourable consideration will be given to people living with disabilities.