Devise and execute the marketing strategy for Virgin Active South Africa in line with the global marketing strategy, including a strong digital and social media strategy.
Build, manage and motivate a marketing team with the technical and soft skills required to deliver our marketing and customer experience strategies.
We can’t live without…
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or similar
- Ten years of consumer marketing experience
- Three to five years in a digitally orientated marketing leadership position
- Experience with social media and email marketing, excellent writing skills, creativity and proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite and Google Analytics.
- Experience working as part of a global/decentralised team preferred
- Display an excellent understanding and comprehensive knowledge of marketing analytics, reports and other measurements tools to support and measure marketing initiatives in order to be able to communicate this information with the team as well as to be able to promptly and properly modify a marketing strategy as needed
- Understanding of the Virgin Active brand and the fitness industry in order to ensure that the marketing strategy provides excellent results.
- Strong Analytical skills and experience justifying and evaluating marketing programs
- Outstanding communication and language skills both oral, written and email
- Ability to hear, speak, write and understand the spoken word in order to respond promptly to requests for assistance, to accommodate verbal requests for information or assistance, to answer telephones, and to be able to communicate effectively with all company employees, customers, partners, etc.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and professionally, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to actively, diplomatically and tactfully listen to and engage upper management, owners, club management, members and fellow employees in order to ensure proper communication.
- Strong mathematical and computer skills including the skills necessary to process calculations as they pertain to data, analysis, analytics, reports, etc.
- Excellent editing and copywriting skills.
- Excellent creative eye and ability to translate ideas into concrete marketing pieces and initiatives.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and attention to detail skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to design and execute high impact, marketing programs
- Proactive and energetic individual who can work autonomously to achieve results
- Strong leadership abilities as evidenced by extra-curricular activities and/or a track record of upward mobility in professional environments
- Think and plan proactively
- Ability to work in a dynamic, changing, and diverse environment.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but not specifically involved, written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving multiple variables in standardized situations
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and change with an entrepreneurial and ‘experimentation’ mindset
- Successful track-record of customer-centric decision making
- A willingness to challenge the norm in order to realise our purpose, “to make exercise irresistible’ – but an equal willingness to change your mind
- To always do your bit towards achieving our Vision of being The World’s Most Loved Exercise Brand; to live and role-model our Values of Insatiable Curiosity, Delightfully Surprising, Heartfelt Service, Red Hot, Smart Disruption and Straight Up; and to bring to life our People Promise of Be Yourself and Go Together, Work Hard and Dream Big
- To drive a ‘customer first’ approach across the VASA business and develop and implement a holistic marketing roadmap aligned to the global marketing strategy.
- Co-ordinate and align the various roles across VASA associated with the customer experience, and customer experience management; minimizing silos relating to systems, data, assumptions, performance and customer touchpoints, etc.
- Co-ordinate a 720-degree view of customer data (a traditional 360-degree customer lifecycle view, with an overlay of 360-degree digital interaction data) for strategic data monetization, digital empathy, digital business models and real-time digital customer experience excellence
- Develop an effective portfolio of internal communications and interventions, to educate our leaders and people about customer experience realities, expectations, moments of truth, goals, improvement and innovation techniques, and engagement opportunities; emphasizing the specific ways in which different roles can make an impact on Customer Lifetime Value
- Develop recognition methods for formal and informal collaboration, that prevents or resolves issues, and creates value for internal and external customers
- Drive an ‘ease-of-work’ and an ‘ease-of-doing-business-with’ mentality and culture across VASA
- Ensure that all customer touchpoints that have been mapped are equipped with well designed and efficient processes and consistent information, to deliver on our service commitments and that they are in line with the global approach.
- Define and oversee the communication strategy (e.g. price reviews) end-to-end, to ensure improvements and alignment with the overarching customer experience expectation. Ensure that the strategy is in line with the global communication strategy.