Recruiter : Virgin Active South Africa
REF: 35868/NATI/SS/Strategic Analyst/Western Cape/110919
||Virgin Active South Africa
The purpose of any role within Virgin Active is to make exercise irresistible. This role is integral in supporting the business to make key strategic decisions by developing and running financial models.
- CA (SA) with 1-3 years post qualification experience.
- Analytical thinker.
- Ability to drill down into detail while retaining the big picture.
- Excellent computer skills, inclusive of advanced MS-Excel abilities.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Have initiative and be well organised.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Good writing and reporting skills using MS PowerPoint.
- Commitment to deadlines.
- Accuracy of reporting and attention to detail.
- To always do your bit towards achieving our Vision of being The World’s Most Loved Exercise Brand; to live and role-model our Values of Insatiable Curiosity, Delightfully Surprising, Heartfelt Service, Red Hot, Smart Disruption and Straight Up; and to bring to life our People Promise of Be Yourself and Go Together, Work Hard and Dream Big
- Regular reporting and analysis on various aspects of the business.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of actual performance vs forecast and vs budget
- Reporting on: Employment; Sales & Marketing and Property & Utilities.
- Assisting with the maintenance of our 5 year forecasting model and the development of this model.
- Financial appraisals of investment opportunities including:
- Financial modelling and scenarios analysis;
- Analysis of member and other business information in support of this investment and
- Preparing relevant, concise and accurate reports supporting the model for Management.
- Operational business case analysis for new clubs using historical and external data to analyse and test, including the development of business case forecast model and scenario analysis.
- Value-adding analysis requested by VASA and VA Management. This would include but not limited to:
- Appraisal of membership contract changes; bad debt (bad debt asset) and collections strategies; sales efficiencies and other income generating opportunities;
- Evaluating of operating costs which will include the allocation of employed resources; structure amendments; utility efficiencies; rental costs and any other cost saving opportunities;
- Developing and maintaining best in class “BIC” models for the business and implementing these in other areas
- Performing any other ad-hoc analysis as and when required.
- Identification and analysis of trends and performance in the business.
- Monthly reporting requirements to support decision making processes above.
- Assisting with and preparing Board Submission files in conjunction with the live forecasts and Budgets.
- Budget preparation and analysis to support strategic direction of the business.
- Assisting Management with ad-hoc analysis and report preparation.
Virgin Active SA is committed to transformation and meeting the objectives of the Employment Equity Act.
Meeting our employment equity goals will be taken into account in our recruitment decisions.
Favourable consideration will be given to people living with disabilities.