Central Sales Agent
Recruiter : Virgin Active South Africa
REF: 36505/NATI/JM/Central Sales Agent/Western Cape/080120
||Virgin Active South Africa
||Sales And Marketing
To be the worlds most loved exercise brand
To make exercise irresistible, by providing an irresistible experience to prospective members as well as our existing members.
Professionally communicating with our customers and working for them to resolve their queries in an efficient manner. You’ll also play an active part in the business achieving the monthly target. You’ll have a varied.
We can’t live without….
- Matric or Grade 12 qualification
- Must have Sales experience in a similar service environment with an awesome track record
- Must have a proven track record of building successful and sustainable relationships through networking
- Be self-disciplined and able to work independently
- Be able to work flexibly e.g. weekends, early or late hours, as well as Public holidays
- Must be computer literate
- Must have a good understanding of customer service and the importance thereof.
- Must be computer literate
- Great time management skills and with a self-starter attitude
- A pro-active attitude and an understanding of the required activity levels needed to exceed sales targets every month
- Excellent administration and organisation skills and proficient
- Excellent telephone manner and great written communication skills at all levels. To show empathy and understanding during calls as and when appropriate.
- The ability to build rapport and be personable on the phone and in writing.
- Strong written skills. You’ll need to be comfortable writing freely (we don’t like templates) and have excellent knowledge of grammar and spelling. You’ll also need an eye for detail and the ability to adapt your writing style accordingly.
- The ability to remain calm and think on your feet. These qualities are foremost as you’re presented with new situations on a daily basis, with potentially far-reaching ramifications.
- including proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- The ability to work well within a team and on your own when required.
- To remain calm and in control in high pressured situations and not take complaints personally or get overly emotional when dealing with emotional issues.
- Willingness to challenge the norm in our vision to become the World’s Most Loved Exercise Brand.
Your Duties & Responsibilities…
- Understand the market and demographics of a variety of clubs to effectively communicate the key message and campaign to the market
- Develop and build great networks and relationships with potential members & colleagues
- Follow a manual process of tracking potential members.
- Do thorough needs analysis of potential members requirements to be able to advise on what the club can offer to meet these needs.
- Perform administrative functions as required for this role.
- Perform additional functions as required from time to time by your line manager such as mystery calls, confirmation calls and other.
- Responsible for generating leads for future sales.
- Ensure our prospective and existing members receive heartfelt service through every interaction within the sales process.
- Always be punctual, reliable and adhere to the high standards of organisation required by the company.
- Due to the nature of the role you will be required to work over certain weekends and public holidays to achieve the agrees KPI’s and targets set.
- Keep yourself updated on all club related events, activities, and priorities or programmes, this includes member suggestions to provide exceptional service.
- Ensure you are aware of all current and upcoming Sales & Marketing campaigns/strategies.
- Attend relevant training courses and meetings which will enable you to carry out your role successfully as well as those which are discussed within Performance Promise conversations.
- Complete monthly sales product training as required.
- Maintain a positive, productive working relationship with all Support Office and Club staff.
- Aim always to give the best possible service to members and prospective members. Deal with prospect enquiries, ensuring efficiency and accuracy when handling queries.
- Ensure that you effectively and efficiently resolve prospect enquiries.
- Be accountable for achieving your KPI’s monthly.
- Collaborate with your team to achieve the minimum requirement of budget performance.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) – what success looks like!
- Set appointments from contacts made using centrally generated leads
- To maximise opportunity and influence all components in booking appointments, managing show ratio, gaining referrals and converting the enquiries in to sales.
- Responsible for meeting KPI’s monthly which have been pre – determined by your line manager. You’ll also be responsible for achieving any other targets relating to other areas such as data collection, call quality and Dynamics compliance and accurate tracking.
- When required you’ll also perform additional tasks including, but not limited to:
- Live chat
- Twitter and Facebook
- Google Reviews
- Multi-Channel member administrative requests
We’d love you to have….
- Previous experience of working within health the club/ fitness industry (desirable but not essential).
- Previous customer service experience within a contact centre environment (desirable but not essential).
- Excellent communication skills and, diplomacy is imperative. You should be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate brilliantly at all levels with members of the public and business colleagues alike, particularly over the phone.
- A ‘can do’ attitude aimed at resolving queries and disputes with customers in a professional and efficient manner.
- A drive to consistently challenge and look for more efficient ways of operating.
- A passion for exercise and understanding of the benefits of exercise.
Virgin Active SA is committed to transformation and meeting the objectives of the Employment Equity Act.
Meeting our employment equity goals will be taken into account in our recruitment decisions.
Favourable consideration will be given to people living with disabilities.