• To make exercise irresistible
• To, on a monthly basis, deliver club sales results in line with, or exceeding, budget
• To create and maintain high performing sales team, to achieve our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets. This means the role will be responsible for maximizing our sales team potential through, couching, and adjusting the sales plans as needed, to ensure the desired result is achieved.
We’d like you to have…
- Excellent communication interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ideally have relevant marketing and promotions experience
- Presentation skills with the ability to influence credibly at all levels up to senior stakeholders
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to maintain key relationships
We’d love you to have:
- The ability to maintain and expand the customer base through leading and coaching sales
- The ability to building and maintain rapport with the key customers and identify new opportunities
We can’t live without…
- Matric Certificate
- Relevant tertiary qualification advantageous
- At least 2 years’ experience within a sales management role, i.e. managing a sales team.
- At least 4 years’ previous experience within the sales environment ( similar industry preferable)/ sales consultant role
- Must be able to show a proven, successful track record in a solution sales environment
- Must be highly numerate, financially astute and be able to understand budgeting processes
- Must have proven knowledge of Financial reports, e.g. P&L
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Must know how to negotiate and close deals under pressure
- Successfully completed Pro – active Sales Manager training ( Internal Candidates)
- To at all times do your bit towards achieving our Vision of being The World’s Most Loved Exercise Brand; to live and role-model our Values of Insatiable Curiosity, Delightfully Surprising, Heartfelt Service, Red Hot, Smart Disruption and Straight Up; and to bring to life our People Promise of Be Yourself and Go Together, Work Hard and Dream Big
- To achieve growth and consistently achieve on sales targets by successfully leading the sales team
- Achieve sales objectives by making recommendations to sales plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans for the sales team, and coaching the team for successful delivery.
- Implementing customer-service standards; resolving queries; completing audits; identifying trends and implementing change, as needed.
- Maintain and develop a high-performance sales team with the focus on accomplishing sales objectives by leading, developing, couching and mentoring; communication job expectations; planning, monitoring and reviewing job contributions; developing and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures, etc.
- Performing administrative and all management functions in the line with daily, monthly and quarterly deadlines.
- Performing manager on duty (MOD) duties (Fitness and Fitness Plus only, other clubs types as required)
- Selling memberships in order to achieve the set monthly budget and sales goals
- Completing all administrative procedures as required by the company
- Will need to proactively identify opportunities, and market Virgin Active memberships to the community surrounding the clubs and / or corporate organisations.
- Will be required to actively follow up on leads provided in club and surrounds