Introduction...To make exercise irresistible
• To ensure that the individual and club sales goal is achieved on a monthly
basis by promoting and marketing Virgin Active as the preferred choice in
the fitness industry
We’d like you to have…
• Relevant marketing and promotions experience
• Presentation skills with the ability to influence credibly at all levelsup to senior stakeholders
We’d love you to have:
• The ability to maintain and expand the customer base through referrals and ex-members
• High level of values, integrity and ethics in order to ensure quality member service.
We can’t live without…
• Matric qualification essential.
• Relevant tertiary qualification preferred (Sales and/ or Marketing qualification).
• A minimum of two years’ experience within the sales industry.
• Promotion and sales skills to sell the Virgin Active product and service effectively.
• Proven track record of successful sales performance.
• Plan daily activities to maximize results.
• The ability to build and maintain rapport with key customers and identify new opportunities.
• Telephone communication, and listening skills.
• Excellent communication interpersonal and leadership skills essential.
• Must be confident, polite and aware of general matters taking place in the industry.
• Must be customer-centric
• Must be able to analyse the market and use data to penetrate the market effectively.
• Must be financially astute and be able to understand sales budgets. Must have proven experience in calculating sales ratios.
• Must have the ability to communicate and present to corporate clients
• Understand and adhere to company systems and processes.
• Must have excellent client relationship building skills across all customer demographics.
To at all times do your bit towards achieving our Vision of being The
World’s Most Loved Exercise Brand; to live and role-model our Values
of Insatiable Curiosity, Delightfully Surprising, Heartfelt Service, Red
Hot, Smart Disruption and Straight Up; and to bring to life our People
Promise of Be Yourself and Go Together, Work Hard and Dream Big
• Plan each day and month in advance, in order to generate new leads,
book new appointments, and present to customers with the objective
of making sales to successfully reach and exceed a pre-defined sales
• Record activity inputs using the tools and systems provided by Virgin
Active, in line with timelines and procedures set.
• Abide by the Virgin Active sales processes and systems provided by
• To maintain up to date, comprehensive knowledge and understanding
of VASA products, as well as in comparison to competitors.
• To expand the customer base and strengthen the loyalty of existing
customers through service calls to increase sales referrals, and ongoing
development of networks and relationships.
• To understand prospective members’ individual interests and
requirements, building rapport and matching their interest and needs
with our product.
• Close sales by overcoming objections with the support of the Sales
Manager and/or Regional Sales Coach.
• Report to the Sales Manager regarding reviews, and analyse objectives
and planned activities.
• To review and analyse sales data and statistics, to plan effectively for
the future with the aim to increase sales and enhance our brand image.
• Participate in sales meetings by sharing best practice, ideas and making
recommendations to generate new leads, increase sales, etc.
• Inform the local consumer of Virgin Active through activating unique
marketing opportunities local to your club E.g. Attend, arrange,
prepare, promotions, health days and corporate / community events as
well as in-club events as a Virgin Active brand ambassador.